In today’s world of technology, our smartphones are essential for our daily tasks. The Samsung S21 Ultra, with its stunning display and advanced features, is a coveted device for many. However, its beautiful screen is also susceptible to damage. Accidents can happen, but there are proactive steps you can take to prevent Samsung S21 Ultra screen damage and keep your device in pristine condition. We’ll explore essential tips and practices to safeguard your smartphone investment.
Phone screens can easily get damaged from falls, scratches, and accidents. By following these tips, you can extend the life of your Samsung S21 Ultra screen and enjoy a flawless user experience for longer.
2. Choose a High-Quality Screen Protector
To keep your screen safe, get a good protector. There are two kinds: Tempered glass and Plastic Glass protectors. They both protect against scratches and small impacts. Ensure it’s compatible with your device for a precise fit.
1. Tempered Glass Screen Protectors
Many people like using tempered glass screen protectors for their smartphones because they have some great benefits:
- Superior Scratch Resistance: They don’t get scratched easily by things like keys or coins.
- Smooth Touch Experience: They maintain the natural touch sensitivity of your device’s screen, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Clarity: The good ones are clear, so your Samsung Ultra S21’s screen will still look bright and colorful.
2. Plastic (PET/TPU) Screen Protectors
Plastic screen protectors, made from materials like PET (polyethylene terephthalate) or TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), are budget-friendly options. They offer:
- Flexibility: Plastic protectors are thin and bendy, so they’re not hard to put on.
- Affordability: They usually cost less, which is good if you don’t want to spend too much.
- Variety: Plastic protectors come in various finishes, including clear, matte (anti-glare), and privacy filters.
Recommendation: Which one is better?
Tempered glass screen protectors offer the best overall protection for your Samsung Ultra S21. They provide superior scratch resistance, maintain touch sensitivity, and preserve screen clarity. If you want an all-around shield for everyday use, tempered glass is the way to go.
3. Handle Your Device with Care:
Practicing common sense in how you handle your phone is crucial for preventing screen damage. Always maintain a secure grip on your device, using both hands when necessary. Be mindful of how you hold it to avoid dropping it and ensure a firm grip to prevent accidental slips.
4. Avoid Extreme Temperatures:
Your Samsung S21 Ultra’s screen can get damaged if it’s really hot or cold for a long time. This can make the screen stop working or even break. Avoid leaving your phone in direct sunlight on a hot day or in freezing conditions during winter.
5. Invest in a Durable Phone Case
A sturdy phone case acts as a reliable shield for your Samsung S21 Ultra. Look for cases that provide both shock absorption and screen lip protection to minimize the risk of screen damage during falls. Here are two highly recommended durable cases known for their quality and protective features:
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Why: The OtterBox Defender Series is renowned for its rugged durability. This case gives your phone lots of protection with three layers: a strong inside part, a soft outside cover, and a screen protector built in.
- This case is designed to withstand drops, shocks, and impacts, ensuring your Samsung S21 Ultra remains safe even in challenging conditions.
Spigen Tough Armor Case for Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Why: The Spigen Tough Armor Case combines robust protection with a slim design. It’s made of two layers: one inside that’s soft and one outside that’s hard. The air cushion technology in the corners adds extra shock absorption.
6. Beware of Pocket Hazards:
Items like keys, coins, or other hard objects in your pocket can cause scratches on your phone’s screen. To protect your screen, store your phone separately from these potential hazards in a dedicated pocket or use a protective pouch.
7. Regularly Clean Your Screen:
Having a clean screen is not just about looks; it also stops scratches. Use a soft cloth to clean smudges and dirt from your screen often. Don’t use rough stuff that can harm the screen.
8. Mindful Storage and Transportation:
When you’re not using your phone, put it in a safe place. Avoid leaving it on the edge of tables or other precarious spots where it might accidentally fall. Being mindful of where you place your device can prevent accidental drops and screen damage.
9. Screen Damage: Repair or Replace?
If your screen gets damaged, think about whether it’s better to fix it or get a new one. Sometimes, repairing the screen can be a more cost-effective solution than replacing the entire device. Check how bad the damage is and ask experts if you’re not sure.
10. Utilize Device Insurance:
To provide financial peace of mind, consider getting device insurance that covers accidental damage. Having such insurance ensures that your screen repairs or replacements will be financially covered, reducing the potential cost burden.
11. Stay Informed About Recalls:
Stay informed about any manufacturer recalls or known issues with your device. Manufacturers often offer solutions for common problems to prevent future screen damage. Keeping up with recalls can help you take proactive steps to address any potential screen-related issues.