Amongst a plethora of Apple iPhone options, it has always been people’s priority to go for the latest version of the iPhone. Lately, iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 13 has become the most engrossing puzzle for all the iPhone users who always spend buying the newest version of the iPhone. But why did it happen? Are they really different?
iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 are two successive generations with some overwhelming display similarities accompanied by feature disparities and cost differences too.
With the unveiling of the upgraded iPhone 14, folks have their heads confused about whether to upgrade to the latest iPhone 14 or endure iPhone 13 persistently. Which iPhone should you buy? Is this upgrade worth investing in?
Surprisingly, Apple launched iPhone 14 after iPhone 13 without any significant upgrade which leaves people confused about coughing up some extra bucks for iPhone 14. But saying “ no modification from iPhone 13” would also be wrong for iPhone 14.
We have sorted out all your queries regarding iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 13 to clear up your messy decisions.
Does the iPhone 14 have the same display as iPhone 13?
iPhone 14 carries out the same ceramic display of 6.1 inches with Super Retina XDR Screens with a resolution of 2532-by-1170 pixels and 800 nits brightness which really is no different from iPhone 13.
Apple upgraded 14 Pro models a bit in the display from iPhone 13 but you need more from iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 plus displays to convince you for this latest version to invest in, unfortunately.
iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max have a slight upgrade of
- Pro-motion display of 120 Hz Refresh rates instead of 60 Hz refresh rates.
- Also, these Pro models are accessorized by an additional pill-shaped area called Dynamic Island showing the current background activity.
Can you differentiate the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14’s Design?
iPhone 14 with an identical design of flat edges and an edge-to-edge display with a glossy colored back finish featuring two cameras just like the iPhone 13, you can’t specify any design difference even with keen observation.
iPhone 13: Size: 5.78 inches x 2.82 inches x 0.30 inch
iPhone 14: Size: 5.78 inches x 2.82 inches x 0.31 inch
iPhone 14 weighs around 6.07 ounces and is slightly lighter than the iPhone 13 of 6.14 ounces. This difference is due to the increased marginal thickness of the iPhone 14 which makes it a bit lighter.
Finished backs are also slightly refreshed in the new version. Lighter hues are chosen as compared to the dark colors launched in iPhone 13.
iPhone 14 hues: White (Starlight), Black (Midnight), Light Blue, Purple, Product Red
iPhone 13 hues: White(Starlight), Black (Midnight), Dark Blue, Pink, Deep Red
Nonetheless, not hitting a big difference in design could be a bit underwhelming for the latest version.
Do iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 both have the same performance?
Both iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 are processed by A15 Bionic Chip which is updated enough to make the device perform smoothly. Yet, iPhone 14 dominates in performing day-to-day tasks due to the additional GPU Core in the chip making it 5 core GPU instead of 4 core GPU as in the iPhone 13.
Furthermore, iPhone 14 has an improved battery life of 20 hours with video playback making a difference of 1 hour to the iPhone 13’s battery life. Thanks to its extra GPU-cored Chip. Though, Both are 5G enabled and provide 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage.
This doesn’t make a big difference for a normal person using iPhone 13 with an already impressive A15 bionic chip.
Do iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 share Similar Camera Features?
Apparently, there’s no difference in both generations with two rear cameras but here Apple has upgraded what’s laid behind the lens. If you are into quality photography, this upgrade is worth investing in for you.
- iPhone 14 is complemented with a larger sensor on the main camera with a better aperture of f/1.5 compared to f/1.6 to enhance the picture quality in low lights.
- For video shooting, iPhone 14 has introduced “Action Mode” which works quite amazingly to shoot videos while moving. This helps improve focus and stabilization to capture every detail with more clarity.
- Likewise, the Photonic Engine Computational system is enabled for complicated lights in iPhone 14 to maintain the picture quality while focusing on minor details.
- Not only rear cameras, but a selfie camera with a wider aperture and improved autofocus also refines the Face ID feature automatically.
Exclusive Safety Features
iPhone 14 has been exclusively featured with two emergency measures that you would not have to use often but in case of emergency, these prove to be a real bliss.
- In case of car accidents, the Car Detection feature enables the phone to make a call for emergency services itself.
- When you don’t have access to WIFI or cellular data, iPhone 14 features satellite connectivity that lets you reach rescue services.
With so many unchanged specifications of the iPhone 13, Apple also upgraded iPhone 14 with some minor executive features. Yet, the modern version could not inspire iPhone users with its unique display and design which raises the question of iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 13 in many minds.
While someone using an iPhone 13 with the same storage, battery life, and performance, it’s a hard decision to buy an iPhone 14 at a higher cost.
If you are investing to buy a new phone because of some screen, battery, camera, back glass, or water damage, prefer to repair it through SmartFonerepairs.
While investing extra money for the same specs can be a waste, some camera upgrades and ravishing picture quality can still force you to jump on the latest version.